All rates are a weekly (Sunday arrival, Saturday departure) per person rate. All rates published are double occupancy. Reservations can be held until your vacation with a 50% deposit. For all Fall Adult Weeks, we will hold reservation with a 10% deposit until January 1st, 2017, then the remainder of a 50% deposit is required. Partial weeks are not available.
Along with your weekly rates, A 6% Idaho sales tax and a 2% Idaho bed tax, and a 15% service charge will complete your all-inclusive stay. The 15% service charge includes US Forest Service fees, other administrative costs, and a $1 per night guest fee to go directly to the Dude Ranch Association. The Dude Ranch Association protects the Western ranch vacation by publicizing ranches, protecting natural landscapes and wildlife, cooperating with federal land managers, and being an interchange of ideas between ranchers and guests for the betterment of the dude ranch industry. No additional gratuities, or other costs should be expected. There are additional activities and items available for your vacation at an extra cost. These include ‚”off ranch” guided activities, Trading Post purchases, massage services, and shuttles from the airport. Other than these items, there are no other charges at the ranch.
- Shuttles from the Airport
- Fly Fishing Float or Walk & Wade Trips: Float fishing trips or walk and wade trips can be arranged during your stay at the ranch, however, we recommend pre-booking your guide because of availability. The float and walk & wade trips on the St. Joe River are full day adventures departing from the ranch after breakfast and returning at the discretion of the angler and guide.
- Guided Lake Fishing Trips: The Coeur d’Alene Chain Lakes and Lake Coeur d’Alene are considered a great warm water fishery. Trip can be scheduled 1 day in advance and guests are required to have a valid Idaho fishing license, which can be purchased at the Trading Post. Typical licenses fees are approximately $15 per person per day. These are the only extra costs for the fishing trip.
- Massage Services:A hands-on full body massage of medium pressure. Relieves muscle tension, stimulates circulation, increases serotonin levels, improves muscle tone and promotes total mind and body relaxation. Hourly charges of $65.
- Trading Post Souvenirs: T-shirts, sweatshirts, and other ranch logo clothing is available in the trading post along with typical travel needs and other items.
- Additional Laundry Tags: Each cabin is given 4 laundry tags to have laundry processed during the week. Guest fill the laundry bags and within 24 hours the housekeepers will get it back to you. In the event your family needs more than four loads, we do offer additional laundry tickets at $20.
- Horseback Riding Policies: Horseback riding is only available to those riders under 240 pounds or athletically built. Horseback trail riding is available to ages 3 & up, kids ages 3-6 will be led depending on their ability. Riders with questions regarding medical concerns should contact the ranch and/or have a doctor’s note prior to arriving. Advanced riding is available at Red Horse Mountain Ranch once the rider passes the lope/canter test. Each guest will need to fill out the Activity Information Form when making their reservations, which is available on the ranch website. If you have any questions regarding the horseback riding policies, please contact Rob Farmer, Ranch Manager at (888) 689-9680.
- Gratuities: The staff of Red Horse Mountain Ranch are well taken care of by the ranch and no gratuities are expected by the staff. Incentives for the staff are already taken care of. However, if you feel staff or individual staff exceed your expectations, tipping is allowed and welcomed. At your time of checkout, envelopes will be available and you’re welcome to add this to your bill.
- Reservation/Cancellations: A 50% fee is required to hold a reservation until your vacation. The balance of your vacation is due at the time of departure from the ranch. A cancellation fee of $100 will be charged to any deposit refunded or for any cancellations. There are no refunds or transfers on cancelled night stays within 45 days of the reservation. The Ranch hospitality is extended to a limited number of definite bookings. Cancellations early in the summer cannot be replaced. It is therefore agreed that in case of cancellation, the reservation deposit will not be refunded unless space reserved can be filled. The ranch highly recommends Travelguard travel insurance.
- Pets: Because of the large number of horses, cats and dogs here on our Ranch and for the safety of your animals, we do not allow pets.
- Babysitting: Babysitting is made available during our Wine Dinner on Thursday evening for $15/hour. The Nanny rate stated in the rate descriptions is offered for a family to bring a special guest for child care (ages under 3) during the week. This is recommended!
- Transportation: Shuttle service from the Spokane Airport (GEG) can be arranged to/from the ranch by contacting Red Horse Mountain directly. Please check the current rates on the shuttle information page. To book the shuttle, please fill out the shuttle reservation form in your portfolio link from the ranch or call the ranch at 888-689-9680.
For all inquiries or to make a reservation, please email Info@redhorsemountainranch.com or call 888-689-9680 to speak directly with the ranch.