Fall at the Ranch ~ Adventure & Relaxation
Horseback riding is just the beginning.
- During our adult weeks at Red Horse, you’ll be delighted with chef prepared meals, enjoy a wide range of guided adventure, have your own horse and saddle for the week, and be plush fully tucked away each night in a monstrous pillow topped bed in log cabin on a distant mountain in the middle of Idaho. Our Fall Weeks are perfect for singles, couples, friends, or families with older kids. Each evening the lodge will be filled with conversation and festive atmosphere while you enjoy the stars and evenings at the ranch. As the night progresses, enjoy our evening entertainment programs or just sit back and relax, maybe soak in a hot tub under the stars. In the evening retire to your private suites with European bedding, down comforters, and rustic appeal. Awake in the crisp mountain air to lines of fog rolling through our private valley while the horses search out the first beams of the day’s light.
Our Fall Weeks continue with the full schedule of ranch activities: horseback riding, kayaking, archery, sporting clays, challenge course, and many others will be available to you. However, Red Horse Mountain provides plenty of opportunity for a simple bit of R & R as well. Enjoy a massage from our licensed massage therapist, curl up with a book in our library, or simply sit on the deck overlooking the ranch.
- For years Red Horse Mountain Ranch has been well known for its Kids’ Program, amazing family adventures, and a week at the ranch full of energy and excitement. But few people know when Fall comes, the ranch becomes quiet, serene, and takes on a completely different feel in the snap of a finger. Horse hooves thunder through the valley. Misted mornings of dense fog lift to clear blue skies and a sense of stillness takes over. The morning blessings of a warm cup of coffee ready you of today’s upcoming adventures and why you’re a little sore from yesterday. The foothills of the Rockies are beginning to turnshades of red and yellow, spectacular in their own right. Chorused by our nearby elk herd and local campfire cowboys, you’ll be blessed with the simple hospitality of a premier Idaho ranch. The quite will help you soon discover that late August and September are months not to be missed at Red Horse Mountain Ranch.
- Ages: 11 and up are welcome
Dates for 2018:
August & September
Length of Stay: Sunday to Saturday
The All-Inclusive Package Includes: 5 full days of guided actives, meals & drinks, accommodations, evening entertainment, and other ranch amenities.
Perfect for: couples, singles, groups of friends, families with teenage kids.
Guided Adventures: Horseback riding, challenge course & zip lines, mountain biking, bike tours on the Trail of the Coeur d’Alene, 3D Archery, Sporting Clays, Horseback lessons, hiking, kayaking tours, guided lake fishing, & other self guided activities. Kids Program begins June 12th.
We’re not just All-Inclusive, We’re All In.
- The ranch becomes a placefor couples to escape the daily regiments of technology and the hustle and bustle of life in the 21st century. As Charlie, one of our guests in the early seasons once put it, “You can be as busy as you want or just simple sit and read a book. I like it both.”Imagine having a place where thepeople are “all-in” in making sure you have the best stay. We do it because this is our home, and whether you come again or not, we want to make sure our ranch is a place that leaves goose bumps every time you think of it. Check the reviews. This is how we do things. Not saying the Fall can’t get a little crazy – I guess it all depends on what you decide.
What’s Included in our Fall Weeks at the Ranch?
A more appropriate title would be what isn’t included. Besides everything listed below there are some knick knacks in our trading post store, the massage services, the “off ranch” guided fly fishing trip, fishing licenses, and your transportation to the ranch (which we can take care of too). Other than this – it’s all included:
- Guided Adventures and Horseback Riding
- Each day on the ranch, riders will have at least two opportunities for western-style horseback riding during your vacation. Before you arrive you will be scheduled with a horse and saddle for your entire stay based on your riding preferences. Your horse will be chosen for based on the information you have provided on your Activity Information form. Horseback riding is exhilarating and there are rides scheduled throughout the week for all types of riding levels. All horseback rides will be leaving the valley floor to unique vistas, viewpoints, or peaks except for some of the younger children. Advanced and beginner riding is available. Advanced riders must complete the advanced test, allowing us to see your ability to control the horse and to make sure you and your horse are a good match.
- Rustic Luxury Accommodations
- Guests staying during their dude ranch vacations have always commented on feeling at home in any ofour 20 private suites designed to keep our guests comfortable and cozy. Lodging options include everything from one bedroom suites tofour bedroom authentic log cabins. Plenty of western flavor, comfort, and tasteful decorations will make you truly feel like you’re home away from home. Each accommodation includes full private bathrooms with plush towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and other items to make you feel welcomed. Sit outside in the companionship of a good book on your own private deck with wonderful views of the ranch.
- Full Service Bar.
- A full service bar is located in the Main Lodge and open during lunch, the afternoon, and through dinner. Alcoholic beverages are available to adults at no charge throughout your stay at the ranch. A daily wine tasting is featured during happy hour and hors d’oeuvres as part of the Wine Tasting Week package.A selection of fine micro brews, wines, and spirits are available as well.
- Meals and our famed 5 Course Dinner.
- After your days activities, get ready for a special culinary delight whipped up from our chefs. A splendid evening at the lodge under candlelight and music. Wonderful conversations, laughs, and delicate foods served in a seven course meal format. Chef will be choosing special wines for the dinner.
- The Main Lodge.
- The Red Horse Mountain Lodge was first built in 1974 as a meeting and gathering place. Relaxation is first in mind with a heated swimming pool, hot tubs, massage services, comfortable sofas, and wrap around decks with vistas of the Red Horse Mountain valley. You’ll find the lodge comfortable and an exciting place to meet other guests during your week at Red Horse Mountain Ranch. The Lodge boasts a vaulted ceiling dining room and volcanic rock fireplace, a wrap around deck, and nearly 11,000 square feet of space to relax.
- Library & Game Room.
- The library contains a large selection of books, games, satellite tv, a guest computer, and wireless internet connection. The Library is open all the time.
- Wireless Internet & Phones.
- WiFi connectivity is available in the main lodgeand at no charge. With our location, internet is provided via satellite. Connection speeds are broadband; we expect our service to be sporadic. The lodge also has two phones available for our guests and there is no charge for local and long distance calls in the continental United States. For our overseas guests, please have a calling card to make your calls or Skype it!
- Trading Post.
- The Trading Post store and office is staffed from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 6:00 p.m. daily and is a perfect place to get any questions answered during your stay. Cowboy hats, clothing, souvenirs, and personal hygiene and other items can also be found.