Fall at the Ranch ~ Adventure & Relaxation
Horseback riding is just the beginning.
- During our adult weeks at Red Horse Mountain Ranch, you’ll be delighted with chef prepared meals, enjoy a wide range of guided adventure, have your own horse and saddle for the week, and be plush-fully tucked away each night in an authentic log cabin on a distant mountain in the middle of Idaho. Our Fall Weeks are perfect for singles, couples, friends, or families with older kids. Each evening the lodge will be filled with conversation and a festive atmosphere while you enjoy the stars and evenings at the ranch. As the night progresses, enjoy our evening entertainment programs, just sit back and relax or just soak in a hot tub under the stars. In the evening, retire to your private suites with European bedding, down comforters, and rustic appeal. Awake to fog rolling throughout our valley while the horses search out the first beams of the day’s light.
Our Fall Weeks continue with the full schedule of ranch activities: horseback riding, kayaking, archery, sporting clays, challenge course, and many others will be available to you. However, Red Horse Mountain provides plenty of opportunity for a simple bit of R & R as well. Enjoy a massage from our licensed massage therapist, curl up with a book in our library, or simply sit on the deck overlooking the ranch.
- For years Red Horse Mountain Ranch has been well known for its Kids’ Program, amazing family adventures, and a week at the ranch full of energy and excitement. As the colors change with the season, the ranch becomes even quiet and serene, taking on a completely different feel. The foothills of the Rockies begin to turn shades of red and yellow, spectacular in their own right. You’ll be blessed with gorgeous scenery and the simple hospitality of a premier Idaho ranch, chorused by nearby elk and local campfire cowboys. The quite will soon help you discover that late August and September are months not to be missed at Red Horse Mountain Ranch.
Ages: 11 and up are welcome
Dates for 2018: August 26 – September 30
Length of Stay: Sunday to Saturday
The All-Inclusive Package Includes: 5 full days of guided actives, accommodations, evening entertainment, and other ranch amenities.
Meals: 3 plentiful meals and snacks 24/7, catering to all food allergies and preferences & Full bar (beer, wine, spirits).
Perfect for: Couples, singles, groups of friends, families with teenage kids.
Guided Adventures: Horseback riding, challenge course & zip lines, mountain biking, bike tours on the Trail of the Coeur d’Alene, 3D Archery, Sporting Clays, Horseback lessons, hiking, kayaking tours, guided lake fishing, & other self guided activities.
We’re not just All-Inclusive, We’re All In.
- The ranch becomes a place for couples to escape the daily regiments of technology and the hustle and bustle of life in the 21st century. As Charlie, one of our guests in the early seasons, once put it, “You can be as busy as you want or just simply sit and read a book. I like both.” Imagine having a place where the people are “all-in”, making sure you have the best stay. We do it because this is our home, and whether you come again or not, we want to make sure our ranch is a place that gives you goose bumps every time you think of it. Check out the reviews. This is how we do things. Not saying the Fall can’t get a little crazy – it all depends on what you decide.
What’s Included in our Fall Weeks at the Ranch?
A more appropriate title would be what isn’t included. Besides everything listed below, there are some great souvenirs in our trading post store, the massage services, the “off ranch” guided fly fishing trip, fishing licenses, and your transportation to the ranch (which we can take care of too). Otherwise – it’s all included:
- Guided Adventures and Horseback Riding
- Each day on the ranch, riders will have at least two opportunities for western-style horseback riding during your vacation. Before you arrive you will be scheduled with a horse and saddle for your entire stay based on your riding preferences. Your horse will be chosen for based on the information you have provided on your Activity Information form. Horseback riding is exhilarating and there are rides scheduled throughout the week for all types of riding levels. All horseback rides will be leaving the valley floor to unique vistas, viewpoints, or peaks except for some of the younger children. Advanced and beginner riding is available. Advanced riders must complete the advanced test, allowing us to see your ability to control the horse and to make sure you and your horse are a good match.
- Rustic Luxury Accommodations
- Guests staying during their dude ranch vacations have always commented on feeling at home in any of our 20 private suites designed to keep our guests comfortable and cozy. Lodging options include everything from one bedroom suites to four bedroom authentic log cabins. Plenty of western flavor, comfort, and tasteful decorations will make you truly feel like you’re home away from home. Each accommodation includes full private bathrooms with plush towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and other items to make you feel welcomed. Sit outside in the companionship of a good book on your own private deck with wonderful views of the ranch.
- Full Service Bar.
- A full service bar is located in the Main Lodge and open during lunch, the afternoon, and through dinner. Alcoholic beverages are available to adults at no charge throughout your stay at the ranch. A daily wine tasting is featured during happy hour and hors d’oeuvres as part of the Wine Tasting Week package. A selection of fine micro brews, wines, and spirits are available as well.
- Meals and our famed 5 Course Dinner.
- After your days activities, get ready for a special culinary delight whipped up from our chefs. A splendid evening at the lodge under candlelight and music. Wonderful conversations, laughs, and delicate foods served in a seven course meal format. Our Head Chef will be choosing special wines for the dinner.
- The Main Lodge.
- The Red Horse Mountain Lodge was first built in 1974 as a meeting and gathering place. Relaxation is first in mind with a heated swimming pool, hot tubs, massage services, comfortable sofas, and wrap around decks with vistas of the Red Horse Mountain valley. You’ll find the lodge a comfortable and exciting place to meet other guests during your week at Red Horse Mountain Ranch. The Lodge boasts a vaulted ceiling dining room and volcanic rock fireplace, a wrap around deck, and nearly 11,000 square feet of space to relax.
- Library & Game Room.
- The library contains a large selection of books, games, a guest computer, and wireless internet connection. The Library is open all the time.
- Wireless Internet & Phones.
- WiFi connectivity is available in the main lodge at no charge. With our location, internet is provided via broadband satellite, which can result in occasionally sporadic service. The lodge also has two phones available for our guests and there is no charge for local and long distance calls in the continental United States. For our overseas guests, please have a calling card to make your calls or Skype it!
- Trading Post.
- The Trading Post store and office is staffed from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 6:00 p.m. daily and is a perfect place to get any questions answered during your stay. Hats, clothing, souvenirs, and personal items can also be found.