All Inclusive Packages Include
Horseback riding is front and center at RHMR. Before you arrive you will be paired with a horse, chosen for you based on the information you provide on your Activity Form. Riders have at least two opportunities for exhilarating, western-style horseback riding each day. There are rides scheduled throughout the week for all skill levels. All horseback rides leave from the valley floor and travel to unique vistas, viewpoints, or peaks. Advanced riders must complete the advanced test, allowing us to evaluate your ability to control your horse and to make sure you and your horse are a good match.
Rustic & Cozy Accommodations
Lodging options include everything from one bedroom lodge suites to four bedroom authentic log cabins. Tasteful decorations with plenty of western flavor and comfort will make you feel right at home. Sit outside in the company of a good book on your own private deck, or relax in your own hot tub, with wonderful views of the ranch valley floor or surrounding ridges before you.
Full Service Lodge
The Red Horse Mountain Lodge was first built in 1974, boasting a vaulted ceiling dining room, a volcanic rock fireplace, and nearly 10,000 square feet of space to relax. Enjoy spectacular views of the valley floor and star-filled nights from the wrap around deck, while partaking from the full service bar. If it’s new friends, great conversation, and a few laughs you’re looking for, the evenings at the lodge are filled with folks looking for the same things.
With guests visiting from all over the country and the world, we like to keep our menus diverse, yet simplified, to please many different appetites. All entrees, appetizers, and salads are made fresh daily. RHMR chefs will delight you with daily fresh breads, endless buffets, a multi-course Wine Dinner, and outdoor cooking. Our menu strives to be healthy and give you a taste of Pacific Northwest cuisine and the flare of a great western dude ranch. We are always open to special meal requests and dietary concerns for you and your family. Be sure to fill out the allergy and food preferences on your Activity Form so we can be prepared for your visit.
Snacks and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Daily fresh baked goods, endless snacks, dinner appetizer, and non-alcohol drinks (coffee, teas, juices, hot chocolate, and sodas) are included for all guests.
A full service bar is located in the Main Lodge, open from lunch through dinner. Premium beer, local microbrews, regional wines, and spirits are available to adults at no charge. A selection of premium wines are also available for purchase. Do you have a certain beer or other beverage you prefer but aren’t sure if we have it? Just let us know and it will be here when you arrive!
Outdoor Guided Adventures
Whether riding horseback to breathtaking vistas, conquering the climbing wall, practicing your aim at the shooting range, or simply relaxing in the tranquility of a Rocky Mountain dude ranch, you decide how to spend your week at Red Horse Mountain Ranch. Choose from a menu of available adventures each day during your vacation. To learn more about all the activities the ranch has to offer, please click on the links below.
Non-guided activities include on ranch fishing, geocaching, hiking, swimming pool, hot tubs, library, family board games in the lodge, disc golf, horseshoes, basketball and lawn games.
Kids Program (summer only)
Kids ages 3 to 10 will enjoy our famous Kids Program during Family Vacation Weeks. Parents can choose to take on the adult adventures during their week and know their children will be well cared for and have their own adventures.
At Red Horse Mountain Ranch, the day doesn’t end with dinner. A couple nights during the week we all head down to campfire meadow after dinner. Live bands, campfire songs, cowboy poets and singers, and other entertainment provided each evening during your stay. Of course, there are always quiet places to rest from the day’s adventures if you choose. During the week, the Old West Saloon will also be open during the evening. A full service bar, pool table, darts, music and a dance floor keep things lively!
Library & Game Room
The library contains a selection of books, games, DVDs, and wireless internet connection. The Library is open all the time.
Free WiFi is available in the main lodge. Due to our remote location, internet is provided via satellite, which can result in occasionally sporadic and often slow service. You get used to it after a while, but it’s not the same as cable internet in the big city for sure. The lodge also has two phones available for our guests and there is no charge for long distance calls within the continental United States. For our overseas guests, please have a calling card to make your calls as WiFi calling probably won’t cut it.
Our goal is to give you as much time to enjoy the ranch and your family and friends, so during your stay with us, we’ll be taking care of the laundry. Each suite is provided one free load of laundry during the week. Have your laundry bag set aside for the ranch staff and it will be delivered back to you folded and cleaned.
The Trading Post is where you will find the perfect gift or souvenir during your stay. We have a large selection of logo clothing and hats, as well as unique western-themed jewelry, signs, buckles, Christmas ornaments and many more items to choose from. Plus there are games and toys for the kids and you can also pick up any personal items you may have forgotten.
Additional Costs & Extras
- Shuttles: from the Airport and back, if needed. See more
- Premium Wines & Spirits: The ranch stocks a list of wines available for purchase, chosen by the chefs. Spirits not usually stocked can be requested by the bottle and the cost will be added to your bill.
- Boat and jet ski rentals: Boat and jet ski rentals are available in Harrison, Idaho (the nearest town) and the ranch staff are happy to make arrangements for you. Pricing and availability are listed on the company’s website at www.harrisonboatrentals.com.
- Lake and River Fishing Trips: Catch and release guided fishing trips on Lake Coeur d’Alene for bass and pike, as well as guided fly fishing trips for famed St. Joe River cutthroat trout, can be arranged during your stay. We recommend pre-booking your fishing trips before you arrive to ensure availability. Fishing trips are usually full day adventures departing from the ranch before breakfast and returning at the discretion of the angler and guide. You might be late for dinner if the bite is on! But don’t worry, we won’t let you go hungry. See more
- Idaho Fishing Licenses: Guests are required to have a valid Idaho fishing license when fishing off ranch, which can be purchased at the Trading Post. Typical license fees are approximately $15 per person per day. Fishing on the ranch at the pond does not require a license.
- Massage Services: A relaxing 60 minute hands-on full body massage of medium pressure is available daily. Relieves muscle tension (from long hours in the saddle), stimulates circulation, increases serotonin levels, improves muscle tone and promotes total mind and body relaxation.
- Additional Laundry Bags: Each suite is provided one free load of laundry during the week. Just fill the laundry bag and within 24 hours our hospitality team will get it back to you clean and folded. In the event your family needs more than one load of laundry, we do offer additional laundry bags for $20 each.
- Childcare: During our summer Family Vacation Weeks, childcare is available for our multi-course Wine Dinner on Thursday evenings at a rate of $15/hour. The Nanny Rate stated in the rate descriptions is offered for those families wishing to bring their own guest for childcare (ages under 3) during the week.
“At Red Horse your choice of activities are so broad and so much fun it is often hard to choose what to sign up for each day. Between yoga, massages, horseback riding, archery, fishing, kayaking, pontoon boating, ceramics, clay pigeon shooting, horseshoes, etc., etc., etc., or just relaxing with a good book or even simply napping any time you please, it is an all encompassing great time. The cabins are clean and spacious, the grounds immaculate, and the staff seem to feel they simply cannot do enough to please. The food is delicious – especially the baked goods – YUM – and they offer plenty of fresh greens, fruits, yogurts, etc., to satisfy those who are steadfast enough to watch their calories while ignoring the tempting dishes prepared by their chefs for the rest of us who are there to indulge! There is always something available to munch on regardless of the time of day and delightful wine or beer tastings paired with gourmet cheeses each night. The cowboy campfire was great fun with beautiful guitar music and cowboy poetry. Several of the staff members have their adorable dogs roaming the property and many of us fell in love with them and wanted to smuggle them home with us. The horseback riding is available for every experience level and any and all instruction or lessons are there for the asking. The trails through the forest are beautiful and the horses surefooted and strong. The serenity of the mountains and the lake are breathtaking. I loved the communal dining – it really helped to break the ice with other guests and before you knew it you were all new friends. Many of us were even there to witness a young man propose to his girlfriend on one of the uppermost horseback trails overlooking the ranch and valley, and another couple was there on their honeymoon. Regardless of the type of trip your are planning – family, couple, with friends, or even solo, there is no better place to choose than Red Horse Ranch. There is something for everyone.” ~ TripAdvisor, October 23, 2011