Early Summer at Red Horse Mountain Ranch
Adventure & Relaxation ~ A Great Ranch Vacation
- Early Summer Weeks begin in May. For years Red Horse Mountain Ranch has been well known for its Kids’ Program and amazing family adventures. A week at the ranch is full of energy and excitement. Before the little buckaroos take over the ranch for the summer, there are a few early summer weeks for adults, friends, couples, and families with older kids (ages 11 and up). Everything at the ranch is in full swing except for our summer Kids’ Programs.
Horse hooves thunder through the valley. Misted mornings of dense fog lift to clear blue skies and the ranch awakens with wildflowers. The morning blessings of a warm cup of coffee ready you for today’s upcoming adventures. The foothills of the Rockies are beginning to release their snow peaks and a chorus of songbirds remind us summer is not far off. Our wranglers and ranch hands will bless you with the simple hospitality of a premier Idaho ranch. The Early Summer adult weeks (ages 11 and up) begin our summer ranch vacations at Red Horse Mountain Ranch. It’s the perfect All-Inclusive dude ranch experience for couples, singles, and friends.
- Ages: 11 and up are welcome
Dates for 2018:
May 27th ~ June 2nd or
June 3rd ~ June 9th
Length of Stay: Sunday to Saturday
The All-Inclusive Package Includes: 5 full days of guided actives, meals & drinks, accommodations, evening entertainment, and other ranch amenities.
Perfect for: couples, singles, groups of friends, families with teenage kids (11yrs and up).
Guided Adventures: Horseback riding, challenge course & zip lines, mountain biking, bike tours on the Trail of the Coeur d’Alene, 3D Archery, Sporting Clays, Horseback lessons, hiking, kayaking tours, guided lake fishing, & other self guided activities. Kids Program begins June 12th.
A perfect stay for Singles, Couples, Friends, and Families with Young Adults.
- Couples and friends have an absolutely wonderful week on the ranch, but we sometimes take calls about folks traveling alone; they wonder if the ranch is the right choice. So far, it’s always been the right fit. By the time our first dinner is over you’ll have met almost 20 staff and quite a few of our guests. You’ll quickly find that any feeling of being lonely would not be possible. Now, alone time is certainly available. And you’ll feel very safe and comfortable in our western atmosphere.
- You’ll all be delighted with chef prepared meals, enjoy a wide range of guided adventure, have your own horse and saddle for the week, and be tucked away each night in a monstrous pillow topped bed. Adult weeks are perfect for all adult travelers. Each evening the lodge will be filled with conversation and festive atmosphere. As the night progresses, enjoy our evening entertainment programs or just sit back, relax, or maybe soak in a hot tub under the stars!
There are a few expectations you should have while being on the ranch. You’ll most likely meet and make new friends in our safe environment. Our ranch is designed to encourage hanging out, sitting together at dinner, and socializing around a campfire. You should expect friendly faces from the moment you arrive. Solitude is always available, and finding a quiet moment won’t be hard to do if that’s what you’re after.
What’s Included in our Ranch Vacation Package?
- Guided Adventures and Horseback Riding
Each day on the ranch, riders will have at least two opportunities for western-style horseback riding during your vacation. Before you arrive you will be scheduled with a horse and saddle for your entire stay based on your riding preferences. Your horse will be chosen for based on the information you have provided on your Activity Information form. Horseback riding is exhilarating and there are rides scheduled throughout the week for all types of riding levels. All horseback rides will be leaving the valley floor to unique vistas, viewpoints, or peaks except for some of the younger children. Advanced and beginner riding is available. Advanced riders must complete the advanced test, allowing us to see your ability to control the horse and to make sure you and your horse are a good match.
Rustic Luxury Accommodations
Guests staying during their dude ranch vacations have always commented on feeling at home in any ofour 20 private suites designed to keep our guests comfortable and cozy. Lodging options include everything from one bedroom suites tofour bedroom authentic log cabins. Plenty of western flavor, comfort, and tasteful decorations will make you truly feel like you’re home away from home. Each accommodation includes full private bathrooms with plush towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion and other items to make you feel welcomed. Sit outside in the companionship of a good book on your own private deck with wonderful views of the ranch.
Full Service Bar
A full service bar is located in the Main Lodge and open during lunch, the afternoon, and through dinner. Alcoholic beverages are available to adults at no charge throughout your stay at the ranch. A daily wine tasting is featured during happy hour and hors d’oeuvres as part of the Wine Tasting Week package.A selection of fine micro brews, wines, and spirits are available as well.
Meals and our famed 5 Course Dinner
After your days activities, get ready for a special culinary delight whipped up from our chefs. A splendid evening at the lodge under candlelight and music. Wonderful conversations, laughs, and delicate foods served in a seven course meal format. Chef will be choosing special wines for the dinner.
- The Main Lodge
The Red Horse Mountain Lodge was first built in 1974 as a meeting and gathering place. Relaxation is first in mind with a heated swimming pool, hot tubs, massage services, comfortable sofas, and wrap around decks with vistas of the Red Horse Mountain valley. You’ll find the lodge comfortable and an exciting place to meet other guests during your week at Red Horse Mountain Ranch. The Lodge boasts a vaulted ceiling dining room and volcanic rock fireplace, a wrap around deck, and nearly 11,000 square feet of space to relax.
Library & Game Room
The library contains a large selection of books, games, satellite tv, a guest computer, and wireless internet connection. The Library is open all the time.
Wireless Internet & Phones
WiFi connectivity is available in the main lodgeand at no charge. With our location, internet is provided via satellite. Connection speeds are broadband; we expect our service to be sporadic. The lodge also has two phones available for our guests and there is no charge for local and long distance calls in the continental United States. For our overseas guests, please have a calling card to make your calls or Skype it!
The Trading Post store and office is staffed from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 6:00 p.m. daily and is a perfect place to get any questions answered during your stay. Cowboy hats, clothing, souvenirs, and personal hygiene and other items can also be found.