The Ultimate Idaho Mountain Ranch Vacation for Families
One of the primary ways Red Horse Mountain Ranch separates itself from other ranch resorts is how we finely tune the experience toward families. A mountain ranch vacation is an excellent way for loved ones to bond, but it also provides mom and dad a break from the kiddos while affording them peace of mind. Our approach to all-inclusive family vacations isn’t rocket science. Simply put, we offer a well-balanced combination of quality time, delicious and nutritious meals, endless outdoor adventures, top-tier service, and a dash of luxury. Read on to discover how Red Horse Mountain Ranch can be the perfect destination for your next family retreat!
A Mountain Ranch Vacation for Everyone
Although much of our activities revolve around horseback riding and other equine-based activities, you don’t have to be an avid rider or enthusiast to have fun at this Idaho ranch resort. As much as we encourage all our guests to get to know the horses and take them out for a gallop, there are many things to do besides horseback riding.
- Guided fishing trips on the St. Joe River with our friends, White Pine Outfitters, is an experience that any angler will appreciate. We also offer on-site fishing opportunities with our fishing pond, stocked with bass, crappie, brook trout, and perch!
- Whether on-site or off, hiking and biking are excellent ways to immerse yourself in the surrounding alpine beauty without saddling up. Traverse the trails on the ranch, test your endurance with mountain bikes, or venture out to the Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes for a relaxing ride or walk.
- Kayaking tours are another exciting immersion opportunity allowing you to glide across the tranquil Thompson Lake, teeming with beautiful scenery and abundant wildlife.
- Sporting clays shooting is a fun way to test your accuracy in a safely controlled environment. Challenge your kids to a shooting contest, or compete against yourself!
- If you want to take a quieter approach to a hunt simulation, our 3-D archery course takes you through a forested ranch made of life-sized 3D targets at various distances to test your accuracy.
- The Mega-Zip and Challenge Course are thrilling features of our mountain ranch vacation experience that will surely get your heart pumping. Build confidence, release some adrenaline, and make unforgettable memories!
The Kids Program
No RHMR family mountain ranch vacation would be complete without the Kids Program! Geared toward ages three to ten, children and guardians of all ages are welcome. Your child’s confidence will soar as they test their grit, take on new challenges, and overcome fears. Our program teaches kids kayaking, archery, horseback riding, and biking and even offers an introduction to archery.
In case you didn’t know, we welcome grandparents to join the ranch activities, from horseback riding and clay shooting to ziplining and exhilaration. They can participate in the Kids Program or simply relax at the barn, observing the little ones embark on horseback adventures. Our attentive staff is always ready to assist with any transportation needs around the ranch, ensuring Grandma and Grandpa’s comfort. Rest assured; the ranch provides all the necessary amenities to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere for our elders. We also offer a nice discount!
All-Inclusive Family Dude Ranch Vacations in Idaho
This season, take your family retreat to the next level with a mountain ranch vacation to Red Horse Mountain Ranch! Our all-inclusive packages have everything you need for a carefree escape from chef-prepared meals to rustic yet luxurious accommodations. The full-service lodge is the perfect place to find Mom and Dad time when the kids are out wrangling around, and you’ll love having the opportunity to join in the fun without worrying about additional costs. To find out more or to begin planning the ultimate mountain ranch vacation, please contact us online and let the fun begin!