Giddy Up! All Inclusive Horseback Riding Vacations in Idaho
Nestled on more than 500 acres of breathtaking Northern Idaho landscape rests Red Horse Mountain Ranch. For years, this all-inclusive dude ranch has been home to vacationers looking to truly disconnect from everyday life for a little while. During your week-long getaway, there is no shortage of things to do that everyone will love. One of the most popular things to do during our all-inclusive vacations is horseback riding. Keep reading to learn more about what adventures await you!
Since its inception, our ranch has been part of the Dude Ranch Foundation Horse Safety Program. This program is dedicated to ensuring member ranches remain responsible for giving guest riders an enjoyable horseback riding experience while displaying the highest degree of care.
What Type of Rides Can You Go On?
Your horseback riding experience starts before you even arrive at the dude ranch. Before your arrival, our knowledgeable staff will pair you with a horse based on the information you give us on your activity form. When you get here, you’ll be given a saddle and tack that’s yours for the duration of your vacation.
One of the best things about our all-inclusive horseback riding program is that you have at least two daily chances to ride. We offer a wide variety of excursions scheduled throughout the week that cater to riders of all skill levels.
- Monday morning orientation ride: All first-time guests will have an orientation before setting off on a scenic ride.
- Advanced horseback ride: This is a combination of walking, trotting, and cantering. Please note that you must complete the advanced test to be considered an advanced rider.
- Adult scenic ride: Offered daily, this outing takes you through stunning scenery on a trail of variable terrain.
- Daily scenic ride: Go for a ride through pastures of wide open trails and on open hillsides.
- Family horseback riding: This is an excellent option for those visiting with younger children, as the rides are often shorter than most other trail rides.
- All-day ride: Go for a roughly six-hour ride, complete with a lunch provided in your saddle bag.
Other incredible horseback ride options include the Kids Program horseback rides and even horseback riding lessons.
Get the Most Out of Your Idaho Vacation
By planning an all-inclusive horseback riding getaway to Red Horse Mountain Ranch, all you have to do is pack your bags and get ready for a week of never-ending fun. Located near Lake Couer d’Alene, our Idaho dude ranch has everything you need for the best vacation ever.
We offer various packages, including women-only weeks, family vacations, and adult-only weeks. No matter which option you choose, all meals and drinks, spacious accommodations, evening entertainment, and more are included. Call 888-689-9680 or email [email protected] to learn more.