Idaho Vacations | Things to Do in Coeur d’Alene
Whether you’re coming, going, or just looking for something to do while visiting Red Horse Mountain Ranch, it’s worth mentioning that we’re just under an hour away from Coeur d’Alene, one of Northern Idaho’s fastest-growing communities. Although most of our visitors will be occupied with horseback riding and several other hands-on activities, there’s nothing wrong with venturing into the “big city” to maximize your Idaho vacation. Furthermore, many travelers find themselves wanting to add a stop on their way in or out of our little slice of mountain paradise to get the most out of their time in Northern Idaho. As such, we’d like to share a few suggestions on things to do in Coeur d’Alene that you can do no matter your reason for being there!
5 Things to Do in Coeur d’Alene
Whether you’re a history whizz, foodie, shopaholic, or something in between, there are plenty of things to do in Coeur d’Alene to keep you and your family or group busy. With a population of just over 40,000, Coeur d’Alene certainly isn’t a bustling metropolis by any means, but still, there are enough activities and attractions to keep just about anyone entertained. From fine dining to outdoor recreation, here are a few things to keep in mind if you find yourself heading to Coeur d’Alene during your time in Northern Idaho.
- Downtown Coeur d’Alene is widely considered a regional entertainment and shopping center for many visitors and rural residents. With over 125 retail stores, restaurants, and professional services, it’s no surprise that so many people spend time in the burgeoning mountain city.
- One of the biggest draws to Coeur d’Alene is its many outdoor recreational options. The possibilities are astounding, from whitewater rafting on the Spokane River to mountain biking at Farragut State Park!
- Despite its reputation as a small-sized city, Coeur d’Alene offers an impressive array of dining options. If you’re cruising through in the morning or early afternoon, Le Peep is an ideal spot to start your day. For those who would like to add libations to their lunch or dinner, Crafted is a favorite local taproom that also serves up made from scratch burgers and other delectable dishes for carnivores and vegetarians alike. The city’s official travel website has a more comprehensive list found here.
- Boat cruises on Lake Coeur d’Alene are a must for anyone who loves to immerse themselves in the scenery. Check out Lake Coeur d’Alene Cruises for more information.
- The Museum of North Idaho is a small yet enriching destination for anyone interested in learning about the region’s history, especially the railroad companies that have had a lasting impact on many nearby communities.
A Friends and Family Dude Ranch Resort in Idaho
Now that you’ve become acclimated to some of the prevalent things to do in Coeur d’Alene, you can add another stop to your Idaho vacation itinerary! One of the most alluring factors to consider when planning a Red Horse Mountain Ranch trip is the seemingly endless possibilities for an unforgettable retreat. To make reservations or learn more about our dude ranch resort, please visit us online or call 888-689-9680 today!