A Romantic Getaway in Idaho with Red Horse Mountain Ranch
Although we’re closed during the winter, we thought February would be the perfect time to remind you that Red Horse Mountain Ranch (RHMR) is an excellent place for a romantic getaway in Idaho. If you’ve never visited the Gem State during the summer months, then you’re in for a treat! The weather in Northern Idaho can get surprisingly warm, but that’s nothing that a fresh alpine breeze blowing through your hair can’t remedy. Embedded in the rolling foothills that cover our beloved region, RHMR promises to deliver a delightful experience teeming with immersive horseback riding adventures and a bevy of other exciting activities to enjoy alongside that special someone. Although we pride ourselves on being a family-oriented ranch, there is plenty of “adults-only time” available before the youngsters’ mid-season takeover. Furthermore, we also have a late-summer adult week for those wanting a lovely retreat before fall kicks in.
Making the Most of Your Romantic Getaway in Idaho
It doesn’t take long after reviewing our Adventures Page to realize how much fun you can have during a romantic getaway in Idaho at Red Horse. Even though almost anyone who visits will tell you they had a great time, there may be a few things more suited for bringing couples together. To help give you a few ideas and a feel for a romantic retreat in our neck of the woods, we put together a few suggestions that will make a considerable template.
5 Things to Consider for a Romantic Getaway in Idaho
Here are a few suggestions and ideas to incorporate into your romantic retreat:
- Kayaking tours near RHMR give you and your significant other a chance to safely explore the local waterways and wildlife in a wide-platform craft suited for all skill levels. Start by visiting Thompson Lake, only three miles from the ranch.
- Our challenge course and climbing wall promise to bring couples closer together by fostering teamwork and shared confidence building. You can accomplish anything with the support of a loved one!
- Mountain biking is the perfect combination of leisure and thrill that’s guaranteed to test your mental and physical limits while discovering nooks and crannies of the Idaho Panhandle National Forest and the Coeur d’Alene Mountains.
- Visit historic Harrison, Idaho, just 15 minutes from RHMR, for a nice change of scenery full of shopping opportunities, fun restaurants, coffee shops, and of course, the Harrison Creamery and Fudge Factory. Be sure to check out the Harrison, Idaho events page to find out what’s going on during your stay.
- Horseback riding is the centerpiece of any RHMR retreat. Still, there’s something to be said about hitting the trail with your significant other by your side as you reach new heights and discover vantage points, vistas, and tranquility.
A Dude Ranch Vacation: The Ultimate Couples Retreat
No matter how you decide to spend your time at Red Horse Mountain, we promise to deliver an unforgettable romantic getaway in Idaho that won’t likely be your last. From horseback riding to kayaking and everything in between, the excitement is seemingly endless! Of course, at the end of each day, when you’re ready to rest within each other’s arms, our rustic accommodations will provide a comforting sanctuary to recharge before the next adventure. For more information on how and why our Idaho dude ranch is the perfect place to celebrate your love, please visit us online or call 888-689-9680.